* Send your vacation requests by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can just send them as text in the email. You don't have to send them on a special form.
* On the first go-around, everyone will be allowed to put in for up to their maximum number of vacation days accrued, as follows:
- 1 to 15 years of service: accrue 7.5, 24-hour vacation days
- 16 years of service: accrue 8, 24-hour vacation days
- 17 years of service: accrue 8.5, 24-hour vacation days
- 18 years of service: accrue 9, 24-hour vacation days
- 19 years of service: accrue 9.5, 24-hour vacation days
- 20 years of service: accrue 10, 24-hour vacation days
- 21 years of service: accrue 10.5, 24-hour vacation days
- 22 years of service: accrue 11, 24-hour vacation days
* Unless someone tells me otherwise, the "point five" days I'll round up to the next number. For example, if you're allowed 7.5 days, I'll let you request 8. [This may be subject to change if I get new information.]
* A total of 6 B-Shift members may be off on any one day.
* A total of 6 members in the district can request all of their debit days as their first vacation choice. What about partial debit day requests? I don't know yet.
* In June, July and August you can only take 2 tours and a debit day.
* As the vacation requests come in I'll enter them on this on-line spreadsheet vacation list, so you can see if you got the days you requested, or got bumped out by someone with higher seniority.
* IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check the list and make sure that your requests are entered accurately and fairly, and to notify me if there are any problems.
* The deadline for the whole vacation request process is December 20th. That's when I have to send the finalized official vacation sheet to Emergency Operations.
* Please get your requests in AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and be patient during this process. Everything has changed this year. I'm trying to be as fair and organized as I can, but there will be changes and mistakes along the way.