7/11/2008 4:23:46 PM
Today’s meeting being the first of the new bargaining cycle; it was mostly a getting-to-know-you type meeting.
The city responded to our proposals of:
- ground rules – (these are the rules by which both sides will conduct themselves in the bargaining process)
- articles acceptable without change
- articles acceptable with minimal change
In the end we temporarily agreed (TA’ed) to nine (9) articles:
- Savings Clause*
- Mediation Process*
- No Strike/No Lock out*
- Payroll Deduction of Dues*
- Civil Service Provisions*
- Maintenance of Standards*
- Management Rights*
- Authority of the Acting Fire Chief
- Intent and Purpose
* denotes no change in the current language.
They will make the video recording available within three business days and we will post it on the website as soon as practicable. The next meeting is scheduled for July 25, 2008 at 10:00am at the City Hall Annex 3rd floor conference room.
Click below for the current CBA: